Nouveauté 2021: 70km - 7000m D+
Since 2021 2021, the apparition of a new race in a new format: 70km 7000m of elevation gain
The race is a challenge set by mountaineers for mountaineers.
The route, devised by the last victor of EUFORIA in Andorra (233km/20,000 ascent), Nahuel Passerat, is very demanding and requires training adapted to altitude.
Here are some key statistics to enable you to envisage the race
- 78,3km and 6878m of elevation gain
- 3 summits at 3000 m
- 3 mountain refuges
- 15 lakes
- 7 refreshment points
- Start 13/08/2021 at 5h
- 2 time barriers:
- 12h of race in Soulcem
- 20h of race in L'Artigue
- Time max: 31h
- 700 volunteers
- To have completed at least 1 race with more than 5000 m altitude difference
-To prove your knowledge of the field in day time as in night time and a great experience in high mountains environment. A written application must be submitted to the race committee which will decide on a case-by-case analysis to validate the registration or not.
- The bib with the number must be worn in a very visible manner throughout the race. Same thing for the control system provided by the organization.
- A GPS, a GPS watch or a smartphone with the GPS track of the race and the fallback routes, to be downloaded on the site of the race.
- A bag large enough to carry the mandatory material.
- 2 headlamps or lighting torches with spare batteries.
- 2 survival blankets with minimum dimensions of 1.4m by 2m.
- 1 water reserve of at least 1.5 liters.
- 1 whistle.
- 1 anorak or down jacket.
- 1 waterproof rain jacket with hood and thermo-welded seams.
- 1 "second skin" warm clothing with long sleeves in technical fabric adapted to the environment.
- 1 long tights.
- 1 waterproof over-trousers.
- 1 pair of gloves.
- 1 adhesive elastic band allowing bandaging / strapping with a minimum length of 2.50 m and 6 cm wide.
- 1 protection of the head covering the ears (cap type, choker allowed).
- 1 food reserve sufficient to reach the food supply points.
- 1 eco mug / cup, reusable: there will be no cups at the supply points (eco responsible action).
- 1 mobile phone in working order to be reachable during the race. Include the organization's numbers in your phone, do not call in masked numbers, keep your phone turned on.
- 1 identity card.
- 1 road book of the race (in pdf, photo or paper format).
- sun protection cream
- anti-heat cream
- water purification tablets
- external battery
- fleece jacket
- walking sticks
- shoe cleats in case of snow passages in the race
- flashing red rear lamp